Though the sport is 50 years old, it has become one of the fastest growing sports in the United States, with more than 50,000 active members, and a robust network of volunteers and alumni.
Today’s parents and athletes are drawn to ultimate for the same reasons our founders were 50 years ago:
- Ultimate is a fun, safe and healthy alternative to traditional contact sports.
- Ultimate promotes gender equality through mixed play and mutual respect, teaching kids to build healthy relationships.
- Ultimate builds incredible athletes…but more importantly, it develops better people. The ethos of Ultimate, and the principle of Spirit of the Game, teaches children personal responsibility, respect for others, conflict resolution and leadership — skills that they will use on and off the field to make our communities better places throughout their lives.
- Ultimate exposes its members to a vibrant and dynamic community like no other.
- Ultimate gives the pure JOY of play to its members.
Ultimate is more than a sport. It’s a community, it’s a system of values, it’s a lifestyle.
About the Ultimate Foundation
Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, the Ultimate Foundation was founded in 2014 and is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that supports new and established youth and development programs that use the sport of ultimate to build character and strengthen community.
The Ultimate Foundation supports USA Ultimate programs like:
To give everyone the opportunity to experience the joy of ultimate and spread the ethos of self-responsibility by supporting underserved communities, nurturing grassroots programs and inspiring and empowering youth.
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Empowering Others
- Spirit of the Game
Let's stop sitting on the sidelines.
When ultimate thrives, our children and grandchildren thrive as people, and our world becomes a better place. Make the ultimate difference and help us share ultimate and Spirit of the Game with our next generation.